With the ease, power and operational style of Eos in a small, affordable package, Ion's small footprint – 19” wide only – is the perfect solution for space-challenged environments and small venues. Providing fully integrated control of conventional and moving lights, Ion packs a punch.
Elegant, highly intuitive and simple to use, Ion will satisfy the needs of beginners and pros alike. But you don’t need a PhD in Ion to use it! Start with the everyday (channel 5 at full) and let the full potential of Ion – like the powerful effects package, marking and timing functions – unfold with your experience. And it’s an easy step from Ion to Gio or Eos, so the knowledge gained will work for you professionally for years to come.
Ion sports a generous programming keypad, dedicated encoders for non-intensity parameter control, a grand master and blackout button, as well as a master split fader. For more hands on control, Ion hosts up to six USB fader wings – the 1x20, 2x10 and 2x20 - for a total of 300 additional submasters with paging controls. The desk can support one or two external high-resolution DVI monitors, which can also be touchscreens.
Ion is available in five basic configurations –1024, 1536, 2048, 2560 or 3072 outputs. Each of these versions supports 10,000 channels, which can be numbered from 1 to 99,999. A networked Ion system can support four discrete control inputs, including a combination of Ion desks, Ion Remote Processor Units - for synchronized backup or stand-alone lighting applications, Net3 Remote Video Interfaces or PC’s/Mac's running the Eos Family Client Software. Remote control is also provided with the Net3 Radio Focus Remote, iRFR or aRFR.
Use Ion in a stand-alone system or as a remote programming station for an Eos or Gio system. When Ion is used as a client in an Eos or Gio system, it supports the full output of that host system.
More information about compatible touch screen monitors...
Ion Software Features
- 1024 output channels as standard
- Dedicated master playback fader pair
- Dedicated grand master and blackout switch
- 999 cue lists
- 200 active playbacks
- 300 submasters
- 4 x 1000 palettes (Intensity, Focus, Color, Beam)
- 1000 presets, effects and macros
- 4 pageable encoders
- Channel summary or table views, user configurable in live/blind
- Blind spreadsheet views
- Offline programming on PC (Windows 7 or XP) and native on Macintosh (Intel)
- Data import from ETC Obsession, Express/ion, Emphasis, Congo and Strand Show files via ASCII
- Show file compatibility with Eos and Element
- Client/server networking and synchronized backup
- Supports up to two high-resolution DVI monitors
- Integral LCD for softkeys and non-intensity parameter control
- 2 x DMX512 outputs, RDM ready
- ETCNet2 and Net3 native
- Artnet and Avab UDP optional
- Hard disk memory and USB compatible external storage
- MIDI In/Out (additional time code functions via external gateways)
- Contact Closure Triggers
- 5 multipurpose USB bus (pointing devices, printer, mouse, keyboard, touchscreens, flash drives)
- Audio In/Out
- Phone remote control